For 20 years, the Office of International Affairs has hosted an annual International Photography Competition where Ohio State faculty, staff, students, visiting scholars and alumni are invited to submit photos taken outside of the United States. Photographers enter photos in a number of categories, which in the past have included People, Places, Politics, Animals, Signs and Transportation, among others. First, second and third prizes, as well as a number of honorable mentions, are awarded in each category, and one photograph is named "Best in Show."
Read the press release and view the video that reveals the 2020 International Photography Exhibition award winners.
1. All current students, faculty, staff, visiting scholars or alumni at The Ohio State University are eligible to participate, except for full-time staff within the Office of International Affairs.
2. The 2020 International Photography Competition has three phases:
3. Photographs must be:
4. Entrants may submit one photograph in each of the following categories (thus each photographer is limited to submitting three total photos):
5. By submitting a photo and reading and agreeing to the rules, entrants are agreeing to grant The Ohio State University and the Office of International Affairs use of the photographs in displays related to the contest and in other printed and electronic publications. Efforts will be made to credit the entrant when possible.
6. Judges from the Office of International Affairs will select 40 photos based on artistic expression, creativity, originality, photo commentary and the quality of the image to be on display at our photo exhibition in the Ohio Union. Photos chosen for the exhibition will be printed, displayed and framed as an 8"x10" image. The judges will also choose a first, second and third place entry for each category, which will be announced at the 2020 Photography Exhibition Reception.
7. If your photo is one of the 40 chosen for the exhibition, you will be notified via email. Your photo will then have the chance to win the People’s Choice Award through the Office of International Affairs Facebook page. All photos that made it to the exhibition will be posted in a categorized album on Facebook for you to share and encourage others to vote. The photo with the most likes from each category by November 6 at 12 noon (EST) will win People’s Choice.
For questions, please contact Victor van Buchem, email@example.com.