The Office of International Affairs awards partial tuition grants each semester to international students at The Ohio State University. These grants are intended to help international students within two semesters of graduation who have demonstrated financial need to complete their degrees.
There is a limit of one grant award per degree level. Applicants will be notified by email regarding the grant committee's decision. All decisions are final. Grants will be deposited directly into students' accounts under Fees and Deposits.
Eligible students must:
- Be a non-immigrant international student in F-1 or J-1 status
- Be currently enrolled at Ohio State in a degree granting program
- Have never received an Office of International Affairs grant before in current degree level
- Be within one semester of graduation or have a compelling, unforeseen emergency
- Have demonstrated financial need to complete current degree
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 for undergraduates or 3.0 for graduates
Submit the following documentation to apply
- International Student Grant Application
- Letter explaining in specific terms why this grant is needed and how you intend to use it, as well as what you have done and are doing to meet your financial needs. Note: You will not be interviewed for this grant, so you should take full advantage of this opportunity to explain your financial situation in writing. Please limit your statement to a maximum of one page. Additionally, please do not use AI services such as Chat GPT to write this letter; the committee wants to hear about your situation in your authentic voice.
- Any additional documentation you wish to submit to support your case, if necessary.
Please send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.