The Offices of International Affairs; Enterprise for Research, Innovation and Knowledge; and Student Academic Excellence are sponsoring a grant competition for faculty, graduate, and undergraduate students.
Student activities are subject to university requirements regarding travel to risk-designated countries. Read Ohio State's travel policies and requirements.
Proposals are sought for a wide range of research and scholarship projects, which include but are not limited to:
- Conducting international research and creative expression at home and abroad
- Addressing global issues in a regional context, including those in the Global South
- Advancing new global-oriented knowledge in disciplinary and/or interdisciplinary contexts
- Implementing projects and programs in diverse political, economic, and cultural settings
- Exploring area studies, research and scholarship on any geographical or cultural region
- Developing and testing international education that enhances equity, diversity access, gender, and racial justice
Please view previous award topics & recipients.
The proposals are evaluated by a committee from across a variety of disciplines, so they should be accessible to non-specialists. Awards are based on merit, according to the following criteria:
- Implementing the research or scholarly project within time and budget proposed
- Quality of project within its context
- Appropriateness of proposed budget
Proposals can request funds to support, among other things:
- Research project expenses (e.g. acquiring data, supplies, materials)
- Development thesis, manuscripts, and publications
- Costs for development and hosting of a conference, workshop, speaker series (professional conference travel is not eligible under this award)
Proposal Preparation and Submission
Please include the title of project without the name of applicant(s) as this is a blind review.
- Abstract not exceeding 300 words
- Narrative not exceeding five pages, double spaced, 12 pt. (excluding references)
- Budget – including cost sharing, departmental stipend, or other course development resources
- A short resume, not to exceed one page
- A one page letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor
- Submit Application Materials
Stipends will range from $1,000 to $5,000 funds to be transferred to the recipient's unit after June 30, 2023.
The recipients sign the policy governing the funds, which includes:
- Proposals due: November 18, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (New Deadline)
- Notifications to applicants and commitment: January 2023
Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.