We aim to define and establish integrated applied research and implementation science capacity in priority multi-disciplinary areas that have strong and tangible impact in Ohio and the global community.
- Expand applied implementation on priority zoonotic agents, diseases and animal-source food and its safety
- Strengthen training and research capacity on antimicrobial resistance and community health
- Develop integrated projects on priority chemical agents including industrial and agricultural chemicals, endo- and mycotoxins, and antibiotic residues
- Strengthen integrated cancer research, clinical and training priorities. Cancer and other non-communicable diseases have been surging globally
- Strengthen medicinal plants research and training capacity
- Establish plant health and safety issues pertinent to human nutrition and health
- Conduct pragmatic clinical trials in selected priority diseases of global significance while building capacity