Campus Area Bus Services (CABS)
- CABS is a free bus service provided by OSU. Bus routes travel around the campus area.
- Visit CABS or call (614) 292-6122 for information and routes.
- Brochures with bus routes and times are available at International Affairs.
- To find bus stops, look for red bus shelters or signs that say "CABS."
- On-campus buses run every 10-15 minutes during the day. Buses to remote sections of campus run every 30 minutes.
- There is limited campus area bus service during the breaks between quarters. There is also a reduced schedule during summer quarter. Visit CABS for the most up-to-date information.
Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA)
- COTA is a public bus system that provides transportation around the Columbus and central Ohio area.
- Visit cota.com for more information and routes. You may also call COTA Connection/Customer Service at (614) 228-1776 with questions regarding COTA bus routes.
- Brochures with general bus route information are available at International Affairs. Specific bus route schedules are available at the Information Desk in the Ohio Union.
- Ohio State students ride COTA for free by showing an Ohio State BuckID card. A mandatory fee to use COTA is included in the quarterly tuition fee.
- Non-students must pay $2.00 in exact change to ride the bus.
- Routes travel all over the Columbus area. Many bus stops are located on and near the Ohio State campus.
- Route #2 runs north and south on High Street and provides access to shopping close to campus.
- Route #84 goes to the Lennox Town Center (shopping and movies near campus).
- Route #7 runs from University City to downtown via Neil Ave.
- Route #18 runs from The Mall at Tuttle Crossing to downtown via Kenny Rd. and Neil Ave.
- Bus route numbers are displayed over the front window of buses.
- Press the yellow magnetic strip on the bus to signal the driver that you want to get off at the next stop.
- Two larger cab companies can be reached at (614) 444-4444 or (614) 777-7777.
- Taxis must be phoned to pick you up. They do not drive around looking for customers.
- See Taxicabs in the yellow pages of the telephone book for other phone numbers.
- Ask when calling for the amount you will pay.
- You must pay cash.
- The driver will expect a 10-15% tip.
Out of Town Bus Service
- The Greyhound Bus Station is located at 111 E. Town St. (downtown) Visit Greyhound's website for more information, or call 1-800-231-2222 to make reservations.
- The main airport for Columbus is Port Columbus International Airport.
- Visit COTA's website or call (614) 224-2682 for bus routes to the airport. Free COTA bus service from Ohio State is available on some dates during quarter breaks.
- Taxi companies also provide service to the airport.