Campus Area Bus Service (CABS)
- CABS is a free bus service provided by Ohio State. Bus routes travel around the campus area.
- Visit CABS or call 614-292-6122 for information and routes.
- Brochures with bus routes and times are available at International Affairs.
- To find bus stops, look for red bus shelters or signs that say "CABS."
- On-campus buses run every 10-15 minutes during the day. Buses to remote sections of campus run every 30 minutes.
- There is limited campus area bus service during the breaks between quarters. There is also a reduced schedule during summer quarter. Visit CABS for the most up-to-date information.
Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA)
- COTA is a public bus system that provides transportation around the Columbus and central Ohio area.
- Visit cota.com for more information and routes. You may also call COTA Connection/Customer Service at 614-228-1776 with questions regarding COTA bus routes.
- Routes travel all over the Columbus area. Many bus stops are located on and near the Ohio State campus. Specific bus route schedules are available at the Information Desk in the Ohio Union.
- Non-students must pay $2.00 in exact change to ride the bus.
- Bus route numbers are displayed over the front window of buses.
- Press the yellow magnetic strip on the bus to signal the driver that you want to get off at the next stop.
- Two larger cab companies can be reached at 614-444-4444 or 614-777-7777.
- Taxis must be phoned to pick you up. They do not drive around looking for customers.
- See Taxicabs in the yellow pages of the telephone book for other phone numbers.
- Ask when calling for the amount you will pay.
- You must pay cash.
- The driver will expect a 10-15% tip.
Out of town bus service
- The Greyhound Bus Station is located at 111 E. Town St. (downtown) Visit Greyhound's website for more information, or call 1-800-231-2222 to make reservations.
Smart-phone enables car services
- Requesting a ride and payment are all made through a smartphone app and is completely cashless. The drivers do not have special licenses; they use their personal vehicles to offer fare rides.