International Scholars

Permanent Housing

On-campus university housing

Scholars seeking on-campus housing: An apartment or a room in the graduate dormitory, while very limited, may sometimes be available for visiting faculty and scholars. Your host department should make arrangements.

For both individual and family housing, contracts are sent after admission has been granted. Applicants for on-campus housing are strongly encouraged to apply early and to contact University Housing prior to arrival.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before you sign the contract, be sure that you read the contract and that you want on-campus housing. The housing contract is for the length of the academic year. If you break your contract, you will be assigned an $800 buy-out fee for each quarter that is remaining on your contract.

The cost of housing varies by the type of room and the meal plan.

For more information

University Housing
350 Morrill Tower
1910 Cannon Drive
Columbus, OH 43210
Phone: 614-292-8266

Off-campus housing

There are many types of housing available near campus and farther away. You may want to talk with other scholars and colleagues from your country about their recommendations for housing.

Renting an apartment

American Rental Housing "Tips for Tenants"