Ohio State Navbar

The Ohio State UniversityOffice of International Affairs

give a donation

Important Information

Please review our information on taxes and social security to answer questions such as:

  • Who needs to file tax forms?
  • How are people notified about taxes they should pay?
  • What federal tax forms should be filed?
  • Where are forms available?
  • Where are information and assistance with taxes available?
  • How to apply for a Social Security Number?
  • How to apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number?

As a visiting scholar, it is important to familiarize yourself with laws and regulations related to driving and health insurance. While only J-1 scholars and their dependents are required by Ohio State to be covered with health insurance. The Office of International Affairs recommends that all visiting scholars purchase some form of health insurance since healthcare costs can be extremely high.

Scholars may also find helpful to visit our tools and resources to find information on the following topics:

  • Services available at Ohio State
  • Employment
  • Terms to know
  • Helpful websites
  • Legal resources