International students wondering what to do with your belongings over the summer should take advantage of Zippy Shell storage options.
Zippy Shell Greater Columbus will be at Ohio State for the seventh consecutive year to present ZippyU storage options. Regardless of whether you live on campus or off, ZippyU supports storage for the whole summer with one easy payment.
Depending on your living situation, Zippy Shell offers two options:
Option 1 - ZippyU Storage-by-the-Box:
- Ideal for students in on-campus Residence Halls or off-campus sorority/fraternity houses. They will deliver box kits (3/6/9 boxes, tape and marker) at various on-campus locations; Students fill boxes at their convenience, attaching a unique pre-printed identification label to each storage item. On-campus students will then use Ohio State’s big move-in bins to easily cart items to centralized collection location outside Residence Halls. Off-campus student’s items are collected at their location for a small pickup fee.
- Zippy Shell will store items in a locally owned, secure, climate-controlled environment for the summer. For students returning to residence halls, they will redeliver items directly to rooms, so when you return in the autumn, your belongings will already be securely locked in your room. For students moving off campus, they will redeliver to your apartment/house on your designated move-in date for a small delivery fee. All inclusive, one-time payment includes almost four months storage, box kit supply drop, storage pickup, storage redelivery and $100 content protection per item.
Option 2 - Zippy Shell Container Storage:
- Ideal for groups of students in off-campus apartments/houses that need to store furniture and boxes. Students secure Shell container reservation and delivery date/time early to ensure availability. Each storage container holds three-four rooms worth of items. Zippy Shell will deliver the street-legal Zippy Shell storage units to students’ apartment/house. Students can easily complete container loading with given tips and instruction within a two-hour window, or Zippy Shell can arrange for loading help. The container is taken to a locally owned, secure, climate-controlled environment for the summer.
- Students secure Shell container redelivery date/time early, to ensure availability on move-in date. They will redeliver the Zippy Shell container to students’ new apartment/house after the summer break. Students can easily complete unloading within a two-hour window, or they can arrange for unloading help. Due to limited container availability, a 2-month minimum rental applies. Only 25 storage units are available. First-come first-served, so reserve early.
How it Works
- Option 1 – Sign up online at osu.zippyucart.com. To make ZippyU signup easy, view our account setup video. Please read the FAQs, as well as the Terms and Conditions on their site. Orders received after April 16 will need to have box kits collected at any of the designated pickup locations and times.
- Option 2 – Signup online at osu.zippyucart.com/storage-reservation, and they will call at your convenience to secure your reservation and answer any questions. If you choose to store for three months, you can receive a 10% discount by mentioning offer code “OSU22”. Due to limited container availability, a 2-month minimum rental applies.