International Students

Health and Wellness

Health Insurance

International students are required to purchase the Ohio State Student Health Insurance and are automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Benefits Plan, which includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage. You will be charged for health insurance when you register for classes, and the fees will be automatically added to your Statement of Account.

Mental Health

In general, it can be challenging to transition to college, especially as an international student. Not only may this be your first time living alone and away from your family and friends, but you also must navigate a new culture and, possibly, a language. If you are experiencing mental health issues, please contact Ohio State’s Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) at Counselors at CCS are available to help with:

CCS is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Counseling services are offered in English, Cantonese Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Malay, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish and Yórùba.

Health Care Services 

Students covered under the Student Health Insurance Plan should first seek care at the Wilce Student Health Center. When the Student Health Center is closed or if the student’s spouse or children need care, a network provider should be used. Search for a network provider.

Wilce Student Health Center
1875 Millikin Road

Should be used for most instances regarding student illness or injuries.

Emergency services

Emergency Medical Squad (EMS) Trained paramedics will arrive in a special medical van at your home. They will give advanced first aid and/or take you to the nearest hospital. Call 9-1-1, but only in an emergency.

University Hospital Emergency Room
410 W. 10th Ave. 614-293-8333

Use for emergencies only.