Global Education

Students with Disabilities

Just as cultures differ from country to country, so do perceptions of disability and accommodations. Some countries may have a wide range of services for students with disabilities, some may rely on peer or family support and others may have limited disability accommodations available. If you are a student who requires academic accommodations through the Office of Disability Services, you must communicate this to the Office of International Affairs and your resident director or host institution as soon as possible, so that we have an opportunity to consider alternative ways to meet those needs. Your education abroad coordinator and an Office for Disability Services counselor can assist you in determining the type of accommodations possible for your program and what other considerations you should think about before studying abroad.

Visit Accommodations and Disabilities for more information: