Your acceptance to an Ohio State global education program and your participation in the travel portion of the program is contingent upon the following conditions:
- You must complete the Acknowledgement of Understanding by the date indicated in your acceptance letter.
- You must submit the OIA Health Information form, along with other required program-specific documents by the date indicated by your global education specialist.
- You must have a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- You must observe the Student Agreement, informing you that the Ohio State Code of Student Conduct extends to global education and you are obliged to participate in the program as designed, and Release of All Claims that you signed as part of your global education application.
- You must pass all required pre-departure and/or prerequisite courses with the grade stated in your acceptance letter.
- You must make full payment of all tuition and fees by the due date on your University Statement of Account.
- If applicable to your global education program, you must meet all entry, exit and visa requirements of your global education program destination, any countries while in transit, and the U.S. upon return, including but not limited to possessing a valid passport, obtaining the appropriate visa, and providing proof of any required vaccinations and/or any testing requirements and other protocols. Entry, exit and visa requirements are established by each individual country and the Office of International Affairs, The Ohio State University and its visa provider, Travisa, have no control over visa denials, immigration and visa regulations, and/or any changes in the Embassies/Consulates’ policies. Please refer to travel.state.gov and the respective Embassy or Consulate websites for the most up to date travel information.
- Any student who is a registered sexual offender or has current or pending felony charge is excluded from participating in global education programs managed by Ohio State.
- Any student with a student a sanction of disciplinary probation or suspension is ineligible to participate in global education abroad programs overlapping the dates of their sanction. Please be advised that the Office of International Affairs confirms student eligibility for global education through the Office of Student Conduct upon application to the global education program and at the end of the term immediately preceding the global education program.
- You must enroll and maintain enrollment in the global education course(s) required for your program of admittance.
- You must maintain compliance with any and all university mandates.
If you do not meet all of these requirements, even after you have been accepted, you will not be permitted to participate in your global education program, and will be subject to the OIA Cancellation Policy. Please contact your global education specialist with any questions.