Ohio State Navbar

The Ohio State UniversityOffice of International Affairs

give a donation

Prescriptions and Prescription Letters

When studying abroad, it is important to take with you an adequate supply of the medication(s) you regularly use. OIA can provide you with a prescription letter to take to your pharmacy or physician, so you can request to receive a supply of medication for the duration of your program. Please ask for this letter from your education abroad coordinator well in advance of your trip.

When traveling with your medications, it is vital to keep your medications in the original, labeled containers. Be sure the information on the container has your name, your physician's name and the generic name of the medication. If the required medication is habit-forming or a narcotic drug, or if you are required to carry a large quantity, it is recommended that you take a doctor's letter certifying your need for this particular medication.