Ohio State Navbar

The Ohio State UniversityOffice of International Affairs

give a donation

Taxpayer ID

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Information

An ITIN number is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) not the Social Security Administration. IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain, a Social Security Number from the Social Security Administration. ITINs are for federal tax reporting purposes only. To find out more about ITIN numbers, please visit Internal Revenue Service. You may also call the IRS at 215-516-2000 (at the prompt press 2 then 4 for questions about obtaining an ITIN).

In order to apply for an ITIN number, please download the Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. You also need to come to International Affairs during advising hours and pick up a letter of support to include in your ITIN application.

Once you have received your ITIN number, please report this number to the Office of the University Registrar and the Payroll Office.