Ohio State Navbar

The Ohio State UniversityOffice of International Affairs

give a donation

Ohio State Graduate and Professional Students

Ohio State graduate students may be eligible for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program or the Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Program. A Comparsion Chart details the differences between these two programs.

Fulbright U.S. Student Program

The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers fellowships for U.S. graduating college seniors, graduate students, young professionals and artists to study abroad for one academic year. The program is designed to give recent B.S./B.A. graduates, master's and doctoral candidates, and young professionals and artists opportunities for personal development and international experience. Grantees plan their own programs. Projects may include university course work, independent library or field research, classes in a music conservatory or art school, special projects in the social or life sciences, or a combination. 

Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Program (DDRA)

The Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Program (DDRA) provides grants for graduate students to travel for specific research, study opportunities, or dissertation research in modern foreign languages and specific area studies that must be conducted in another country. This program is administered through the Ohio State Office of International Affairs.



Fulbright U.S. Student Program

Theresa Hazelwood
U.S. Student Fulbright Program Adviser (Graduate and Professional Students)
Graduate School
250 University Hall
230 North Oval Mall Columbus, Ohio 43210

Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Program

Joanna Kukielka-Blaser
Office of International Affairs
115 Enarson Classroom Building
2009 Millikin Road
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Fax 614-292-4273