Grants and Scholarships

Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Program

Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad (FRA) provides grants to colleges and universities to fund faculty to maintain and improve their area studies and foreign language skills by conducting research in other countries for periods of three to 12 months.

Eligible Applicants

Institutions of higher education in the United States are eligible to apply for grants under the Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Program.

An individual is eligible to receive a fellowship if he or she meets all of the following criteria:

Expenses Covered by the Award

Application Process and Package

Competitions are held annually, pending the availability of funds. Ohio State faculty must apply through the Office of International Affairs.

Pursuant to the President’s July 14, 2020 Executive Order on Hong Kong Normalization, the International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE) will not operate the Fulbright-Hays program in the People’s Republic of China, including Hong Kong, in the upcoming (2022-2023) academic year.

If you are interested in applying for the FY2022 grant cycle, you must contact Fulbright-Hays Project Director Joanna Kukielka-Blaser to discuss the application process.