After performing all of the steps to independent study abroad, you are ready to complete your online independent study abroad self-report form. This form utilizes the Office of International Affairs study abroad application system located at buckeyelink.osu.edu. As you sit down to access the application, make sure you have:
- Study abroad program term and program ID code — click on the magnifying glass icon and select the term that corresponds with your study abroad program — enter INDP SA SR for the program ID.
- Your academic program information, including your college and major — this can be accessed through your Student Center at buckeyelink.osu.edu. In the Academics section, click on Academic Other and select View Academic Information.
- Your passport number — if you have not received your passport, or have not yet applied for one, you may still complete the online form, but remember that you may not participate in a study abroad program without a valid passport.
- Education Abroad Agreement/Release/Authorization Forms — these forms are located in the online self-report form. Please be prepared with the names and contact information of the individuals you would like to be contacted in case of an emergency.
- The names of the program and the provider and/or international institution you will attend, as well as the start and end dates — you will include this information in the Personal Statement section of the form.
Once you have completed all fields and forms, click Submit. The charge ($1.50 per day) for the required supplemental insurance premium will be posted to your Statement of Account the term of your program. Please monitor your Statement for this charge. Once the charge has posted, you must log in to your student center at buckeyelink.osu.edu to submit payment.
Once your independent study abroad self-report form has been reviewed, your supplemental insurance enrollment will be processed, and you will receive an email with your insurance documents (hard copies will be mailed to the address on record with Ohio State).