- Organizing the scholarship process: It is important to get organized before jumping into the scholarship process. You should start out by doing your homework and making a list of scholarships for which you plan to apply. It is also critical that you allow yourself plenty of preparation time to ensure you will be able to gather all application materials.
- Writing an effective personal statement: The personal statement is a very important part of your application. A good personal statement can mean the difference between a successful application and an unsuccessful application. Before beginning to draft your essay, use these questions as a guide to help get you started. You also can view how to write a competitive essay for tips on the content and mechanics of your personal statement. Ohio State’s Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing also offers resources that you can use.
- Organizing the scholarship process
- Writing an effective personal statement
- How to write a competitive essay
- Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing