Pre-Arrival Session for New International Students
Monday, June 21, 2021 , 8 - 9:30 a.m. EDT
Contact: Global Engagement
The Office of International Affairs provides Pre-Arrival Sessions in a webinar format as a resource to help guide new international students as they prepare to begin at Ohio State. The webinars are available to new international students prior to the International Student Orientation and students' arrival on campus. Registration is required. Please only register for one session—the content will be the same for all sessions.
Students will learn important information and be reminded of to-do items that must be completed before traveling to the United States. Staff members from the Office of International Affairs, Student Health Services and the Office of Student Life will present, and students will have time to ask questions at the end.
The Pre-Arrival Sessions will help new international students:
- Prepare for your visa application and immigration process for arrival into the United States
- Understand and meet orientation and immigration check-in expectations and responsibilities
- Understand important requirements on completing your vaccination record and tuberculosis testing prior to arrival
- Review COVID-19 requirements and processes for both on- and off-campus students
- Transition successfully to student and academic life at Ohio State
- June 21 from 8-9:30 a.m. EDT - Register
- July 7 from 8-9:30 p.m. EDT - Register
- July 19 from 8-9:30 a.m. EDT - Register
International Student Check List
Get organized and make sure you have accomplished the items on this list as you get ready to start your your journey at The Ohio State University. The most important step is to check your BuckeyeMail account frequently and read the pre-arrival emails from the Office of International Affairs (OIA).
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact email@example.com. Requests made one week in advance of the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.