Global One Health initiative – Celebrating 10 Years
Thursday, September 9, 2021 , 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Contact: Global One Health
The need for Global One Health implementation and support is more important today than ever before as we face emerging pandemic threats such as COVID-19. Spreading the message and gaining support to further activities are critical. Since its inception, the Global One Health initiative (GOHi) has experienced explosive growth, becoming one of Ohio State’s largest interdisciplinary examples of institutional teamwork. The year 2021 marks 10 years of GOHi impact, including activities such as the annual Global One Health Summer Institute, GOHi’s flagship program that builds One Health capacity among Ohio State students and professionals around the world.
Considering 2021 is a critical year in GOHi’s history and there is a pressing need to accelerate addressing convergent and complex issues due to current world events, GOHi has planned a series of panel discussions and plenary talks beginning September 9 and concluding on November 4, in commemoration of One Health Day (November 3). Join us to celebrate the accomplishments and to recognize the impact that GOHi, Ohio State and our global partners have made!
- GOHi celebration kick-off (September 9, 8:30-11:30 a.m. ET)
- The celebration will feature introductory remarks from Ohio State leadership, the premiere of a video highlighting GOHi’s history, recognition of key GOHi global partners, and a panel discussion with selected members of the GOHi External Board of Advisors. This event will be live-streamed.
- Bi-weekly virtual invited plenary talks (Every other Thursday from September 16-October 28, 8:30-10 a.m. ET)
- Each session will highlight a different geographic area and will be moderated by a member of the GOHi team to showcase GOHi-affiliated sponsored research and impact.
- View upcoming and past plenary talks here.
- Bi-weekly virtual special panel series (Every other Thursday from September 23-October 21, 8:30-10:30 a.m. ET)
- Each session will feature discussions of key One Health topics from diverse perspectives, including current and former students, Ohio State deans and funding agency representatives.
- View upcoming and past panel discussions here.
- Closing ceremony (November 4, 12-3 p.m. ET)
- This event will be a celebration of One Health Day 2021. This event will be live-streamed.
More information and registration details will be shared soon.