EASC Outreach: Synchronous Sijo Teacher Workshop
Wednesday, January 25, 2023 , 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Contact: East Asian Studies Center
Synchronous Sijo Teacher Workshop: You Know Haiku, Now Try Sijo
- January 25, 2023, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m., online
- Elizabeth Jorgensen, Arrowhead High School
- Discuss incorporating Sijo in the classroom
- Professional Development contact hours
- Resource material available for completing the workshop
- Complement to Asynchronous Sijo Teacher Workshop or stand-alone
Haiku is known in the classroom by teachers and students. Use this as a base to learn about and teach Sijo (Korean Poetry) with Sijo expert, Elizabeth Jorgensen. Learn about how to incorporate Sijo in the classroom. As a stand-alone program or to complement EASC's Asynchronous Sijo (Korean Poetry) Workshop. Don’t forget about the classroom activity or extra credit opportunity - Ohio-Kentucky Sijo Student Competition. Students new to Sijo? No time to teach them? No problem, materials available to help them learn about and write Sijo poetry.