Study Abroad News
Following their competition schedules for the 2014-15 academic calendar, ten Ohio State student-athletes will be traveling this summer through Ohio State study abroad programs. Overall, the international study abroad group is comprised of five women and five men from different varsity programs, traveling to seven different countries.
- Grace Azenabor, Women's Track - Brazil
- Tori Baron, Synchronized Swimming - Australia
- Robert Caldwell, Fencing - Australia
- Matt Davis, Wrestling - Mexico
- Zachary Dobey, Men's Soccer - Greece
- Sydney Dudley, Women's Soccer - Ireland
- Jake Martin, Men's Gymnastics - Argentina
- Greyson McCaig, Pistol - Brazil
- Casey Schaffer, Rowing - England
- Luisa Schirmer, Women's Volleyball - Australia
Follow their experiences overseas through the Buckeyes Go International blog.
On Thursday, April 23, The Office of International Affairs recognized the 2014-2015 recipients of the Wolfe Study Abroad Scholarship. President Michael V. Drake, MD, other university leaders and John F. Wolfe, chairman of The Dispatch Printing Company, congratulated the 33 recipients. Students were awarded a $2,500 scholarship to help fund their individual long-term study abroad programs.
The Wolfe Study Abroad Scholarship Endowed Fund was established September 1, 1999 with a $1 million gift from the Robert F. Wolfe and Edgar T. Wolfe Foundation. Over the last 16 years, scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each have been distributed annually to more than 390 undergraduate students. The Wolfe Scholarship, which is administered by the Office of International Affairs, is the cornerstone of Ohio State's study abroad programs and helps to enhance the educational experience of Ohio State students.