All Ohio State University students, staff, faculty and visiting scholars are invited to submit photos to the 2012 International Photography Competition.
1. All current students, faculty, staff or visiting scholars at The Ohio State University are eligible to participate, except for full-time staff within the Office of International Affairs.
2. Photographs must be:
a) the original work of the entrant
b) taken outside the United States
c) of high quality
d) submitted as an unmounted 8"x10" professional quality print on photo paper and
e) submitted as a high resolution digital file using the online registration before deadline
3. Each print entry must carry, on the reverse side:
a) title of work
b) complete name of photographer
c) e-mail address of photographer
d) category of the photograph
4. Entrants may submit only 1 (one) photograph in each of the following categories (thus each photographer is limited to submitting 3 (three) total photos):
5. Each individual photography entry must also be submitted online (no need to register on the site, you can fill out fields and click submit):
6. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be presented in each category, as well as a “Best of Show” award. Individual entrants may be presented a maximum of one award. An indefinite number of “Honorable Mentions” will be named. More than $400 prize money will be awarded to the Best of Show winner and the Place award winners.
Award winners will be announced at an opening reception in November 2012. Photographs will be displayed in an exhibit space on campus during November and December, and may be displayed in additional locations and at other future events.
7. Photographs will not be returned. By signing the entry form and submitting it, entrants are agreeing to grant The Ohio State University and the Office of International Affairs (OIA) use of the photographs in displays related to the contest and in other printed and electronic publications. Efforts will be made to credit the entrant when possible.
8. Entries will be judged on artistic expression, creativity, originality, and the quality of the image. All decisions of the judges are final. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria. Winners may be contacted and asked for more information about the winning entries.
9. Deadline for entries: 4 p.m., Monday, September 24, 2012 (both the print and the online registration form must be submitted before the deadline)
10. Deliver entries to 300 Oxley Hall, or mail to: International Photography Contest, c/o Victor van Buchem, Office of International Affairs, 1712 Neil Avenue, 300 Oxley Hall, Columbus, OH 43210
Click on Photography Competition & Exhibition to see the winning photos from previous competitions.