Memorandum of Agreement
Memorandum of Agreement Between The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and The Sokoine University of Agriculture
Ohio State contact information
- The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
International university contact information
- The Sokoine University of Agriculture
Location of international university
Start and end date of agreement
- This MOA shall commence on the Effective Date and shall be valid for a period of four (4) years. It may be renewed for additional periods of four (4) years if both institutions, acting independently, agree in writing to renew at least six (6) months before it expires.
- OSU, through the Innovative Agricultural Research Initiative (iAGRI) aim to strengthen the training and research capacities of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) and the National Agricultural Research System (NARS) of the Tanzania Ministry of Agriculture, Food Security, and Cooperative (MAFC). The ultimate goal is to improve food security and agricultural productivity. The purpose is aligned with the themes and related road map of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Feed the Future (FtF) Initiative and the Government of Tanzania (GoT) Comprehensive Africa Agricultural Development Programme (CAADP) Compact and Agricultural Sector Development Programme (ASDP)
- The main objectives of the iAGRI project are to:
- Provide post-graduate degree training for scientists at SUA and NARS;
- Establish a programme of collaborative agricultural research with SUA and NARS;
- Strengthen the institutional capacity of SUA; and
- Promote cooperation among SUA, U.S. Universities and Universities in the Global South.
Note: Please see the entire agreement for complete details.