International Student News
On Saturday, April 13, a group of international students and scholars from Ohio State traveled to Berlin, Ohio to learn about Amish culture. They toured the Amish and Mennonite Heritage Center, visited a basketmaking family, enjoyed a traditional Amish lunch, shopped in Berlin and explored the area in buggy rides.
International students Yiqi Chen, from Shanghai, China, and Lanzi Li, from Qingdao, China, have been honored with the Outstanding Senior Award, presented by the Ohio Union and the Office of Student Life. The Outstanding Senior Award is one of Ohio State's Leadership Awards, recognizing students, advisors and organizations who demonstrate personal and organizational leadership, collaboration and commitment to better the Ohio State community.
As a leading global university, Ohio State hosted Acting Secretary of Labor Seth D. Harris in a roundtable discussion about immigration policy on Wednesday, April 3 at the Ohio Union. William Brustein, Ohio State’s vice provost for global strategies and international affairs, believes Ohio State is the perfect setting for a dialogue about issues that are of tremendous international significance. Ohio State is home to more than 6,000 international students and nearly 1,500 visiting international scholars who come to the United States to fulfill their academic dreams.
Apply to be an orientation leader, refine your international etiquette, chair an Ohio State signature event, discuss television shows at a "Global Engagement Nights" session, check on travel requirements for spring break, join the Ohio State team handball club or ensure that you are enrolled full time. These stories and more are featured in the March 2013 edition of the International Student News.
The Ohio State University's Undergraduate Student Government (USG) has recently launched the Global Leadership Initiative, a prestigious year-long program designed to prepare an elite group of global citizens to initiate change, promote cultural awareness and encourage an internationalized campus and community.
- International Student News - February 2013
- Join the conversation with Global Engagement Nights
- International Student News - January 2013
- International Student News - December 2012
- International Student News - November 2012
- International Student News - October 2012
- Autumn International Student Graduation Reception
- Ohio State ranked in the top 15 nationally for study abroad and international students
- Mhaisalkar honored with 2012 Professional Achievement Alumni Award
- International Student News - January 2012