Scholarships will be awarded to full-time students attending The Ohio State University in a degree-granting program. Criteria for consideration include:
- Having a minimum overall GPA of 3.30
- Being admitted to an Ohio State approved semester/summer-long study abroad program. (Short-term programs are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Preference will be given to applicants pursuing a degree (major or minor) in international studies
- Preference also will be also given to students who can demonstrate financial need
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not received another major study abroad scholarship (e.g. Wolfe Scholarship) from the Office of International Affairs.
- Jarnuary 31, 2014 for Summer 2014, Autumn 2014 and Academic Year 2014-2015 programs
The Firebaugh Study Abroad Scholarship application materials are submitted via Carmen. Once in Carmen, students will be able to upload application files into the dropbox. The Carmen application window will be open for one month prior to the deadline for the scholarship.
- Log into Carmen
- Click on the "Join" link in the top navigation bar (next to Calendar)
- Read JOIN Instructions and click on "Join" link
- Select "Firebaugh Scholarship SP 14"
- Fill in Registration information
- The scholarship is listed in Spring 2014 — International Affairs
- Scholarship submission instructions are in the Content section
- Completed two-page Firebaugh Study Abroad Application Form
- Copy of your Advising Report
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
Selection and Notification
Scholarship award notifications will be sent electronically one month after the application deadline. Scholarship funds will post to the awardee’s Statement of Account with the Ohio State Office of Fees and Deposits during the first semester of the study abroad program.
Francille M. Firebaugh Study Abroad Scholarship Winners