Scholarships will be awarded to full-time students attending The Ohio State University in a degree-granting program. Criteria for consideration include:
- Having a minimum overall GPA of 3.30
- Being admitted to an Ohio State approved semester/summer-long study abroad program. (Short-term programs are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Preference will be given to applicants pursuing a degree (major or minor) in International Studies
- Preference also will be also given to students who can demonstrate financial need
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not received another major study abroad scholarship (e.g. Wolfe Scholarship) from the Office of International Affairs.
- February 1, 2013 for Summer 2013, Autumn 2013 and Academic Year 2012-2014 programs
The Firebaugh Study Abroad Scholarship no longer accepts paper applications. All application materials will be submitted via Carmen. Once in Carmen, students will be able to upload application files into the dropbox. The Carmen application window will be open for one month prior to the deadline for the scholarship.
- Log into Carmen
- Click on the "Join" link in the top navigation bar (next to Calendar)
- Read JOIN Instructions and click on "Join" link
- Select "Firebaugh Scholarship SP 13"
- Fill in Registration information
- The scholarship is listed in Spring 2013 — International Affairs
- Scholarship submission instructions are in the Content section
- Completed two-page Firebaugh Study Abroad Application Form
- Copy of your Advising Report
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Selection and Notification
Scholarship award notifications will be sent electronically one month after the application deadline. Scholarship funds will post to the awardee’s Statement of Account with the Ohio State Office of Fees and Deposits during the first semester of the study abroad program.
Francille M. Firebaugh Study Abroad Scholarship Winners