The International Travel Policy Committee (ITPC), appointed by the provost, was established to develop guidelines and policies to maintain the health and safety of Ohio State students, faculty and staff studying abroad or conducting research or business in another country. The committee meets occasionally as required to review and discuss policies. The committee is also responsible for reviewing petitions by students planning to study in risk designated countries or countries with current Department of State Travel Warnings and to recommend a prudent course of action to the provost.
Committee members include:
- Herb Asher, Special Assistant to the President
- Wayne Carlson, Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education
- Mary Lynn Kiacz, Medical Director, Student Health Services
- Grace Johnson, Director, Study Abroad, Office of International Affairs
- Jan Neiger, Associate Counsel, Office of Legal Affairs
- Dru Simmons, International Risk Manager
- Michael S. Bisesi, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Director, Center for Public Health Practice
- Matt Couch, Director of Student Activities and Orientation, Office of Student Life
- Ann Salimbene, Assistant Dean, Graduate School
- Chloe Williams, undergraduate student, College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
Vice Provost for Global Strategies and International Affairs William Brustein and Associate Provost for Global Strategies and International Affairs Kelechi Kalu co-convene the Study Abroad Health and Safety Committee.
The International Travel Policy Committee (ITPC) is formally known as the Study Abroad Health and Safety Committee (SAHSC).